Meet Destinee Thomas, our 2019 Communications Resident. She’ll be part of the team for this fifth-and-final year of the People’s Liberty experiment providing storytelling, marketing and communications support.
You can find her in the office on Tuesdays through August and anytime at email@example.com.
A few, quick facts to get to know her:
1. Destinee is a Cincy-native who has a background in telling the city’s story. Before joining PL, Destinee was with Source Cincinnati helping to share about the Cincinnati region with national media and served as director of communications at ArtWorks highlighting Cincinnati’s creative talent. She’s excited for the opportunity to now showcase all the innovative people of People’s Liberty!
2. Home is an almost 140-year-old Italianate building in the Betts Longworth Historic District (a neighborhood of the West End). Luckily, she’s not too afraid of ghosts because this 1894 murder case has been traced back to her apartment.
3. Travel - both real and daydream – are a passion. If you’re wondering the best route to backpack through say India, she probably has done the research, sketched out trending neighborhoods, bookmarked great articles, and developed a list of coffee spots. Last year she explored Southeast Asia and Mexico. This year she’s hoping to check out Southwest USA in a campervan.
4. She’s Aunt Destinee… times six, and all six are girls. Between her six nieces, two sisters and two lady cats – Puffin McGuffin and Timmy Tay-o - her one brother is terribly outnumbered.
5. You’ll probably spot her sporting “U” gear. Destinee escaped the Cincinnati cold to study public relations and political science at the University of Miami (and to check out a bit of that rumored “partying in the city where the heat is on”).
She hopes to see you at the PL offices or out in the community soon.